- Investor fees associated with each crowdfunding portal vary widely. Most fees are structured as a percentage of the committed capital.
- Mainvest, Netcapital, and Republic are all free for investors. You won’t be charged in addition to your investment. (Though Netcapital may have a bank fee associated with wiring money.)
- StartEngine has a 3.85% processing fee on all investments.
- Wefunder has a 2% transaction fee on investments made through the portal.
- Honeycomb Credit charges investors 2.85% of the committed capital.
- PicMii charges investors a fee equal to the lesser of 1.5% of the invested amount or $500.
- Platform fees are not the only criteria investors should consider when investing, but more price-sensitive investors should keep them in mind.
Note: All data used for the Chart of the Week comes from the KingsCrowd database and represents a snapshot of the crowdfunding market.
Wall Street has Morningstar, S&P, and Bloomberg
The equity crowdfunding market has KingsCrowd.
About: Olivia Strobl
Olivia comes to KingsCrowd with a background in venture capital and technology. She spent time at Glasswing Ventures, an AI-focused venture fund in Boston, before joining the KingsCrowd team. There she helped develop machine learning algorithms for the opportunity qualification of preseed and seed-stage startup companies. Prior to her time at Glasswing, Olivia worked in a lab studying the neural correlates of attention. She holds a degree in Neuroscience from Wellesley College.