- May was a slow month for online startup investing. Just $37.3 million was committed across equity and debt deals, down from $48.3 million in April.
- But this might change soon. There were 125 new deals that went live, up from 103 in April.
- StartEngine dominated the dollars invested in May, with $10.3 million from all equity offerings.
- StartEngine was also the top platform for impact investing, as investors invested $6.6 million through the platform in impact rounds.
- Surprisingly, Dalmore is the platform with the biggest debt raise. One company alone raised $8.2 million.
- Transportation, Automotive, Aviation, & Aerospace was the most popular industry for the month, bringing in $6.6 million from Regulation Crowdfunding equity offerings.
Note: All data on online startup investing used for the Chart of the Week comes from the KingsCrowd database and represents a snapshot of the U.S. crowdfunding market.