A socially conscious holding company.
Raised to Date: Raised: $376,948
Rolling Commitments ($USD)
% of Min. Goal
% of Max. Goal
Likelihood of Max
Avg. Daily Raise
# of Investors
Financial & Insurance Products & Services
As founder David Nikzad puts it, “Orthogonal is a holding company and ecosystem that unites the desire to make money with doing good for the planet and society.” Orthogonal controls equity stake in companies that have the goal of serving the greater good and truly helping the world we live in. Then, in return, Orthogonal gets operational resources, a management ecosystem, and mentorship. They help catapult companies to success by “providing them with a monetization strategy, operational support, compliance / regulatory guidance and connect them with our investor network.” They were one of the first pre-institutional investors in Betterment in 2009, which is now valued at $800M and manages over $13B in assets, and they currently have 28 companies rolled up under their holdings. Plus, they were already able to raise $251,000 from 240 Wefunder investors in May 2018.
|Offering Name||Close Date||Platform||Valuation/Cap||Total Raised||Security Type||Status||Reg Type|
|Orthogonal||02/22/2019||Wefunder||$21,000,000||$548,270||Equity - Preferred||Funded||RegCF|
Upgrade to gain access
Annually (Save 17%)
- Free portfolio tracking and KingsCrowd's quantitative ratings on all raises.
- Plan Includes:
- Everything in Free, plus
- Company specific KingsCrowd ratings (excluding risk)
- Advanced company search ( with ratings)
- Markets page filters and historical industry data
- Get Edge Annual
- Full site access including KingsCrowd's qualitative analyst reports.
- Plan Includes:
- Everything in Edge, plus
- Full access to detailed Analyst Reports (e.g. Top Deal, Deal to Watch, Neutral, and Underweight)
- Search and filter based on Analyst Reports
- In-depth risk ratings for every raise
- Get Edge Pro Annual
Already a member? Log in here.
Founders: enhance your startup's credibility on KingsCrowd. Create an account to claim this raise page.