In this episode of Inside Startup Investing, Chris Lustrino interviews Collin Castellaw, Co-Founder of PlayersTV. They discuss the shift in athletes’ perspective on content creation, the rise of PlayersTV, the potential for athlete-driven content, and the future of the sports media landscape.
- The genesis of PlayersTV and how it’s become a one-stop-shop for athlete-driven content. (02:07)
- The power of athletes controlling their narratives and building their brand independently. (03:50)
- The business model of PlayersTV includes revenue sources from advertising, subscription, licensing, and merchandising. (05:40)
- Castellaw dives into PlayersTV’s plans to penetrate the NFL scene and further expand to other sports, domestically and internationally. (21:15)
- Reviewing ESPN’s shift to streaming services and how this trend impacts PlayersTV. (26:33)