- The month of July closed with $31,333,163 in committed capital across equity and debt deals, down 28% slightly from $43.7 million in July.
- StartEngine came out on top for Reg CF equity dollars invested for July 2023 with $12,049,353.
- Financial & Insurance Products & Services was again the most popular industry for the month, bringing in $4,642,613 from Reg CF equity offerings.
- 53 equity deals closed in July, 50 Regulation CF deals, and 3 Regulation A deals.
- 88 new deals went live in July, 55 Reg CF equity deals, and 29 Reg CF debt deals. 4 Reg A deals went live in July.
Note: All data on online startup investing used for the Chart of the Week comes from the KingsCrowd database and represents a snapshot of the U.S. crowdfunding market.
Wall Street has Morningstar, S&P, and Bloomberg
The equity crowdfunding market has KingsCrowd.
About: Teddy Lyons
Teddy comes to KingsCrowd with a background in venture capital and investment banking. He worked at Deutsche Bank as an Investment Banking Analyst in the Technology, Media, and Telecommunications group. Prior to that, he served as an Associate at Alchemi Capital, a venture capital firm in Boston that invests in early-stage technology companies. Teddy holds a degree in Economics and Psychology from Wesleyan University, where he was captain of the varsity soccer team. He also holds a M.S. in Finance from Boston College.