- Veteran founders make up a small portion of founders that raise capital in the online private markets.
- Many veteran founders share their veteran status in a bio, and many platforms share the status as a tag on a company’s raise page — like Republic did with HEVO’s raise in the image below.
- Veteran founders accounted for 7.9% of the debt and revenue share raises that went live in January 2023 through April 2023.
- Just 4.2% of equity deals from January 1, 2023 through April 30, 2023 had veteran founders.
- For all companies that raised beginning in 2022, 4.5% had veteran founders. That’s in line with the equity numbers we have seen so far this year, likely since equity deals account for the majority of raises.
- If you’re looking to support veteran founders, you’re more likely to find them in non-equity deals.
Note: All data on online startup investing used for the Chart of the Week comes from the KingsCrowd database and represents a snapshot of the U.S. crowdfunding market.